Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Labview 8.2 Problem with Serial Write and Read using VISA

Status
Not open for further replies.

clsfox

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
labview visa serial

I am using Labview 8.2 to communicate with a microcontroller using serial write/read (at least I am trying to...).

I open the example file "Basic_Serial_Write_and_Read.vi" and as soon as I press "Run" the following error appears:

"Error -1073807202 occurred at Property Node in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi-> Basic_Serial_Write_and_Read.vi

This error code is undefined. No one has provided a description for this code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input."

The same thing happens with every example using VISA serial communication I try to open.

My OS is Windows XP SP2.

Any ideas as to what is wrong and how I can fix it?

Thank you!

visa serial labview

The example file "Basic_Serial_Write_and_Read.vi" runs without problems in my computer. If you ask to LabVIEW to explain the error code -1073807202, you get the following explanation:

Error -1073807202 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF009E) A code library required by VISA could not be located or loaded.
=========================
VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF009E) A code library required by VISA could not be located or loaded.

I think you must re-install LabVIEW.

labview visa serial port

Do you have the full version of LV or a studnet version?

serial write labview

Thanks to you all for taking the time to reply.

The problem was solved. I was using the student version which does not include the VISA drivers. So all I had to do after all was download and install the VISA software which was not included.

If someone else needs to download VISA drivers here is the link where all VISA versions can be found:

h**p://www.ni.com/visa/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back