Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why Moore implementation is more effective than Mealy one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordsathish

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi....when i tried to design few state machines i realised that mealy implementatiom has lesser number of states....Is this the case for all such problems... which makes the mealy implmentation more effective than the moore one... why does this difference happen...

mealy machine vs moore machine

hi i think this link answer your question
**broken link removed**

Added after 31 seconds:

hi i think this link answer your question
**broken link removed**

moore machine vs mealy machine

In the theory of computation, a Mealy machine is a finite state machine (and more accurately, a finite state transducer) that generates an output based on its current state and an input. This means that the state diagram will include both an input and output signal for each transition edge. In contrast, the output of a Moore finite state machine depends only on the machine's current state; transitions have no input attached. However, for each Mealy machine there is an equivalent Moore machine whose states are the union of the Mealy machine's states and the Cartesian product of the Mealy machine's states and the input alphabet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back