Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial communication between 2 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

shraddha

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
code for serial communication betweem 2 pc

hi
i am trying to do serial communication between 2 computers with C-code.I have tried all the serial communication utilities (bioscom,_bios_serail_com,outp,outpb).my pc is receving the data but unable to transmit the data.plz tell me what do i do,its urgent

regards
shraddha

Take care about the cross over you have to do
connect Tx of PC1 to Rx of PC2 and vice versa

hi
i have already that.i am using null modem cable only

regarding communication between PC

Hi Shraddha,

You have posted your request in wrong forum. Its a Hardware/electronics programmable logic related forum.

You must have to post it to "PC Programming and Interfacing" forum for the same and for speedy reply.

Thanks,
Sachin

if u don't want C u can try hyperterminal.
start -> allprograms -> accessories ->communications ->hyperterminal

srinivas

hi rsrinivas
i have tried with hyperterminal already.its working but i wanna do it with abovesaid C code & wanna solve that send-receive problem.
regards
shraddha

Have you checked out that your Tx is not transmitting or it is transmitting but the Rx is unable to receive it , or Tx is really not transmitting your data ...

For checking the first option use a CRO and place it to the point of pin 2 of your TX 's 9 pin Serial D'sub connector and check there pulses are coming according to your data or not , if yes check 1.continuity of wire , 2. check it is connected to pin 3 of RX Dsub or not , 3. your serial port is open for data receive or not ...

for checking the second option use CRO , make sure that data is not coming to TX port , then check port is open or not , , and atlast do the LOOPBACK concept to check that TX is able to transmit means PIN 2 is ok or not....

OK , BYE and Best of luck to you .....

If you get success then pls let me know.

the cable toy are using must have 3 wires

PC1 TX - PC2 RX
PC1 EX - PC2 TX
GND - GND

and you should check you are using any control signals. If you are using basic communication no flow control or Xon flag is required

man just use hyperterminal in ur windows communications

check that pin 2 form one side is connected to pin 3 from the other sidr and vice vers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back