Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wavelength for pulse oximeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rina_1220

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pulse oximetry wavelengths

Hey all. I need to build a pulse oximeter for my final project in college but i still have one doubt about the wavelengths
do these waves need necessarily to be 660nm for the red led and 910nm for the IR led?
I have a 875nm wavelength IR led here. Will it be ok?
Thanks for the help

Aw. And what about the photodiode? Or should I use a phototransistor instead? What is better?
thanks again

oximeter wavelength

The commercial sensors are disposable; ask a supplier to donate a sensor to you for your studies

notes on pulse oximeter

I would like to make the sensor too... It's just a matter of experiment at first. Could someone who has already worked with it help me please?
As I've seen the circuit for the sensor seems to be simple. My problem is just with the leds light wavelength.

hey thank you.
I've got some phototransistors, some 660nm red leds and some 940nm IR leds here. I'm trying to make my sensor work tomorrow.
Hope it works =)

hye... lm a student. would you mind sharing with me what component u used to make the sensor? specific detail and type code if u dont mind.. lm not very good in choosing emitter and photodiode >.<

thanx for the link... :D can l want to use HOA1397-002 Reflective Sensors?

**broken link removed**

this one has infrared emiter and also receiver.. but no red led.. do u have any suggestion? l had made heart beat monitor using this sensor.. so if possible l want to use the same sensor with a bit addition. if possible la...

Added after 1 minutes:

er.. sorry for the bad english... l hope u can understand what lm trying to say... (-_-")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back