Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on hard disk convertion

Status
Not open for further replies.

babatundeawe

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
need help on how to convert an internal hard disk to external. (using usb)

thanks for the reply but this is wht i meant. i have an internal hard disk seagate 20GB that i wnated to convert to an external hardisk using PIC and USB to interface to a computer so that i can make a mobile hardisk. thanks

I'm puzzled. You can put the 20GB drive into a USB 2 drive enclosure, and it becomes an external mobile hard drive. No PIC required. Most enclosures support IDE drives, some support SATA drives.

babatundeawe said:
thanks for the reply but this is wht i meant. i have an internal hard disk seagate 20GB that i wnated to convert to an external hardisk using PIC and USB to interface to a computer so that i can make a mobile hardisk. thanks

yes! echo is right...you really don't need a PIC to convert your 20GB HDD to USB to make it mobile....

as far as i understand...you have 3.25in 20GB IDE HDD(is that correct?) then you want to make it externally and mobile with an option of output USB port or you can have an option of output USB/FIREWIRE(IEEE1934) or SATA I and SATA II.

All you have to do is go to your nearest computer shop in your area or search google first so that you have a clear understanding of what you want...then get an external 3.25 HDD case with IDE connector inside (if your HDD is IDE..) then with output port USB2 (400Mbps) which has a faster transfer rate than USB1.

Viola!!! you can plug you 20GB HDD to the 3.25 in External HDD case.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.