Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: Wireless Weather Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit_714

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wireless weather project

Hi All,

I would like to do a project related to wireless weather station. The reqirements are simply described as follows.

Function: Temperature, Relative humidity, Wind speed, Wind direction, Pressure, UV detection, Real time clock and (compass is optional).
Communication: Use RF module to transmit and receive data

Power Supply: Solar panel and a battery rechargable circuitry

Data output: LCD display to show the information of the weather

So i would like to obtain some advise from you all. Information like selection of sensors, MCU, hardware circuitry, source code, reference websites...etc....would be welcomed.

Thanks for the help from you guys.

Kit

lcd weather station source code

Hi,

the websites is useful.

However, i wanna obtain more information about the project. You guys can express your own views about the design of the project....Any commects are welcome....like selection of sensors, microcontroller, suggested schemetics, sample source code, RF module basic concepts...any reference materials are welcome.

Thanks.

Kit

it would be a good idea to search the topic in IEEE article library if u have got the account

Hi,

But i don;t have an account....

I just started on searching sensors for the project.

SHT15 and DS 1820 seem very popular for sensing humidity and temperature. How all you guys feel about that? Is there any better choices ? If yes, please kindly suggest.

Besides, is there any reference materials for these sensors module, like schematics and source code?

Many thanks.

Kit

kit_714 said:
Hi All,

Function: Temperature, Relative humidity, Wind speed, Wind direction, Pressure, UV detection, Real time clock and (compass is optional).
Communication: Use RF module to transmit and receive data

Power Supply: Solar panel and a battery rechargable circuitry

Data output: LCD display to show the information of the weather

Kit

It depends on your country/state location. Wireless RF don't function well in cold climate weather conditions, maintaining battery power in a cold climate is an issue as well...

Where exactly are you located?

Hi Meridian,

Is it really that the climate would seriously affected the range of transmission of signals by RF module?

Can you elaborate more on this issues or send me some reference online materials?

Since i am a new corner on RF module and still needs time to digest the principle and knowledge of RF module, please kindly leave your msg for me to remind all the related issues on this field.

Thanks a lot.

Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back