Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Moving message display on LCD HD44780

Status
Not open for further replies.

member_tdh

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
moving message lcd

Hi,

I'm working on LCD HD44780. To display text or value is no problem but I want to display moving message on it. I don't understand it. Could anyone help me, pls!
I'll be very thanksful!

(fan of C language) :D

member_tdh said:
Hi,

I'm working on LCD HD44780. To display text or value is no problem but I want to display moving message on it. I don't understand it. Could anyone help me, pls!
I'll be very thanksful!

(fan of C language) :D
check the HT44780 datasheet.set the "s/c" bit when wtire the "Cursor or display shift" instruction, and the "I/D" of the "entry mode set" instruction,you will get something!
Good lucky!

try to send command 0x18 or 0x1C to lcd:idea:

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Although your display area is 16 characters by 2 Lines, the display memory area is much larger than that. Actually the memory is integrated into the controller itself. So if you dump in more characters than 16 you will end up filling display memory area which are not visible. Now using the display+cursor shift you can have a scrolling effect with minimum effort and software headroom.

Regards

see the following link for interfacing lcd with parallel port and microcontroller
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Bibin John
www.bibinjohn.tk

Status
Not open for further replies.