Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing with mobile phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

froten

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all,

I have started a project to interface a microcontroller with a mobile phone. I'm still searching and thinking about the best way to interface to the mobile phone. all mobile phones have only bluetooth, infrared or usb protocols. I could not find any mobile phone with rs232 conector and API to use. Bluetooth could be used but it complicated and the adapters are expensive.

Does any body tried that ? any ideas about interfacing microcontroller with mobile phones?

I use at89cxxxx family, and nokia phones.

any help is appreciated.

For nokia you need DLR# cable to communicate serially.

Try this link: www.atrox.at

hey man bluetooth or infra red is not the problem , your mobile should have a gsm modem in it . nokia sets like 6600 ,6210, 6310 have built in modems in them . using this gsm modem for communication with micro-controller is much easier than any other possible means

Status
Not open for further replies.