Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit to convert stereo output to 5.1 output

Status
Not open for further replies.

thalukku

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
stereo to 5.1 circuit

I have bought a new 5.1 surround system. It has 5.1 inputs but my CD player doesnt have 5.1 output. It has normal AV stereo output. So I need a circuit to convert stereo output to 5.1 output.

Please anyone help me

siva

stereo to 5.1 circuits

There is no circuit like this possible. But u can simulate like it. It is called surroundsound. The dolby pro logic was like that only.
U can get this circuit from Rod elliot site, Project 18. Hope this helps u.

5.1 circuit

mhtplsh said:
There is no circuit like this possible. But u can simulate like it. It is called surroundsound. The dolby pro logic was like that only.
U can get this circuit from Rod elliot site, Project 18. Hope this helps u.

few weeks ago I have seen which you looking for, but that is not good idea to make from stereo to 5.1. it will be stay some stereo with little delay between chanells.

5.1 surround to stereo circuit

Most surround sound systems are able to do the uplink conversion from stereo to 5.1. You just need to feed the input signal to left and right channel and it will take care of rest.

stereo 5.1 circuit

Conversion of stereo to surround sound is theoretically impossible. All you can do is to make a quasi surround system which will sound more like a sort of stereo.
Left stereo channel can be connected to left speakers and Right channel to right speakers. Proper ballance between front and rear speakers must be provided. Subwoofer should be connected to R and L channels through low pass filters.
Anyway you can allways connect only two speakers for stereo.

So if I were to connect all the left speakers of surround in parallel to the output stereo left and the same to the left channel would I get what I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.