Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Zero Forcing (ZF) in Wireless Communications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkhan

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is zero forcing

I am working on MIMO BC, can any body help me for following.

What is Zero Forcing (ZF) in Wireless Communications?

Arif Khan

zero forcing

Hi Arif,

ZF means when u have mutiple users and ur transmission is intended for one particular user and zero transmission (ideally) for others. But in practice there is interference for other users when u considering BC.

I hopw this will help u.

BR,
Oz.

mkhan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ZF is just a detector, which has the property that it inverts the channel (which introduces cross-talking) and consequently from each user's perspective, there is on interference from others, namely forcing interference to zeros.

Turn to MIMO BC, I knew A.Goldsmith from Stanford has series of paper on this topic.

the word zero forcing in communiction particularly digital communication means that u have an equilizer that takes an input signal comming from a distant place contaminated with noise and distortion and ir u process this signal without passing it through this equilizer ur system is not go no work , one of the many reasons is that the signal strength is deteriorated....so when we pass a digital signal through a zero forcing equilier it detects the zero crossing of the incomming signal and in this way get and information about the phase , frequency of the incomming signal...and if there is a regenerative repeater also after as is in digital communication it would use the information provided by zero forcing equilizer and generate new pulses

Status
Not open for further replies.