Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the THD of sample and hold circuits in Cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manissri

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how i calculate the THD of sample and hold circuits in cadence tool
actually the normal procedure as the select the net and take special function of THD and then plot .
but this is ok with the continuous wave and any amp.
but here the input signal is getting sampled at every clock cycle.
so i need to calculate the THD ...in this regards.
and please tell me how to measure the gain error and nonlinearity and pedestal error of s/h circuit in cadence ..
and docs for test benchs available plese please send to me..
i will be really obliged ..
regards

Re: THD of S/H circuit

I think for THD simulation, you can use the "fourier" component from analogLib connect between the output terminal and GND, and edit a model file for the fourier. When you run transient analysis, it will show the THD result.

Hi.. I am working on a similar problem need to calculate the THD of the output, anybody can give a little bit more detials about how to edit the model file for this fourier component?

Feed the output to the FFT program.

THD of S/H circuit

You can use sample function in calculator . The get the data into matlab, then do FFT...

THD of S/H circuit

use FFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back