Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sinusoidal freq divider

Status
Not open for further replies.

ex4

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to divide frequency of a sinusoidal wave, so the output got the same shape of waveform, but the frequency is lower than the original?

I don't know if it can be done or not. My thought is
Pass the input signal to a F2V then V2I to generate the required current
Use current mirror which multiplication and pass thru ICO to generate final
sine wave. There, you can use the multiplication to act as multiplication or division

convert to a square(circuit technique assuming ur familiar) use a counter (j-k flipflops).remember add a dc shift to form binary levels . N j-k's used in counter represents a divide by N in freq.. use a tuned circuit to obtain fundamental component.

An old, pure analog aproach:

in, f ---->(x)-------->| BPF tuned to f/N |---------------*-----------> out, f/N
^ |
| |
+-----------|freq. multyplier, *(N-1) |------+

The bandpass filter is tuned to f/N, and the spectrum at multiplier output contains f/N. To divide with N factor you also need an (N-1) frequency multiplier implemented in the past with a nonlinear device - limiter + filter. sorry, I will post an image when i'll have time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back