Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Environment Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

diemilio

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone. I'm trying to understand some of the Environment variables used to setup the Design Compiler (by synopsys) BUT I CANT!!! Does anyone know where can I find info regarding these variables???

Thanks for your help,

diemilio

have you looked at the sample designs and readme texts
within the apps install folders

usualy applications installs yields heeps of sample designs

try that

Enironmental mainly are the parameters that are not part of the design but influence the design
PVT ,WLM etc

Did you mean you did not know how to set variables such as 'link_library' ?
They are fully explained in Synopsys's documents.
If you did not understand variables such as PATH ,you should learn a bit more about Unix/Linux.

chiguoquan said:
Did you mean you did not know how to set variables such as 'link_library' ?
They are fully explained in Synopsys's documents.
If you did not understand variables such as PATH ,you should learn a bit more about Unix/Linux.

No. What I mean is that I haven't been able to find info regarding variables like

VCS_ARCH_OVERRIDE
SNPSLMD
SYNOPSYS_SIM
etc...

I have been able to understand a lot of the variables' meanings with examples I found on the web, but there are some (like the ones listed above) that I haven't been able to understand.

I just want to know if there's any website or document where I can find an explanation for the SYNOPSYS' ENV Variables.

Thanks,

diemilio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back