Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Problem] Invalid Clock Nets in SCAN Insertion, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjccentury

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gate dft mix_clocks

When I insert scan chain in a module (not big, only 8 chains).
I found many scan flip-flops missing in the chain. The scan check report says:
Shift clock pin CK of cell ××_reg is illegally gated.(TEST-186)

My test clock is TCLK, only one. The missing scan flip-flops are all clocked by the gate clock from the clock_gating_cell.

TCLK------>combinational clock_gating_cell------>scan flip-flip

Synopsys sold says "DFT compilier supports combinational clock gating during the parallel capture cycle"

My scan configuration is:
full_scan, multiplexed_flip_flop, mix_clocks, -internal_clocks(false), -replace(ture), -disable(true), -add_lockup(false)

Who can tell me why? Thank you very much !

Re: [Problem] Invalid Clock Nets in SCAN Insertion, please h

Hi wjccentury,

I am not sure but it looks in you clock fanin cone some signal is driven from sequential element.
Which impact the controllability of your clock network.
You need to run command check_test and see carefully the warning and error messages.
Manuel says in such case you will get a TEST-281 message. Thus with check_tets find all such messages and try to remove these warnings.
I hope this will help:D

Re: [Problem] Invalid Clock Nets in SCAN Insertion, please h

Most clock gating cells have a scan mode input which will bypass the sequential elements in the cell, making the clock fully controlled from the primary I/O of the device. Are you hooking that up?

John
DFT Digest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back