Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DRC problems on exporting gdsII file from Magic to Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogworld

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am trying to export layouts from Magic to Cadence in 0.35um process (lambda=0.2um), however, after imported to Cadence, layouts contain DRC errors.

The DRC errors that Cadence complain about comes from the sizing of the M1-M2 contacts. The design rule saids the length and height of an M1-M2 contact has to be equal to 0.5um x 0.5um, which is not multiple of lambda (0.2um). So when imported to Cadence, it only shows sizing of 0.4um x 0.4um for those contacts (round off error from Magic I guess), which violates the design rule.

These DRC errors are not shown on Magic's layout. Also, the contact size is invisible, because Magic never shows the exact contact size or numbers of contacts on the layout, instead, it just shows one big contact metal for the entire area. But it will generate many small contacts on the gdsII file, which is used to import to Cadence.

So, I was wondering is there any way to fix this problem without changing the imported layouts manually? Probably In the way of how Magic generates gdsII files? Or how Cadence import gdsII files?

Please help! Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back