Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Time Response of the Control system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry_June

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In time response, how do we know the validirty of a second-order step-response approximation is valid or not valid? and y?
n how can we know if it is write in transfer function form, n time domain form? please help me, thanks!

hi
please u read on the book

Feedback Control Systems
fourth edition
Charles L. Phillips
Royce D. Harbor

ISBN 0-13-016124-1

Jerry_June said:
n how can we know if it is write in transfer function form, n time domain form? please help me, thanks!

If response is written as function of time then it is time-domain form. As a rule, it is combination of exponential and sine functions.

Transfer function is function of s or p (different authors have different notations for it). As a rule, it is fraction.

Im sorry... R we soppused to know the validity of the time response of a system without any other info about it? I dont think so!

in second order system u have rise time, fall time and damping factor is iinvlolved
so it is different from the first order.

yes, that right, in the first-order it diffirrent from second-order. but i just what to how can we know when the transfer function is approximation?

I think the most practical thing to do is to compare the step response of the actual system to the theoretical response of the proposed transfer function. Or derive a bode plot of the actual system and compare it to the theoretical bode plot, etc.

Hi. When a function is in frequency domain usually is expressed: N(s)/D(s) where N(s) and D(s) are in polynomial form.

The question about the aproximation is not clear. All systems are modelled as an aproximation. This is possible cause exist some dominant poles in the transfer function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back