Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface LCD using 4 bit STN mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look here:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

best regards

EG7502 is graphic LCD

Hi C-Man,

Thanks for the answer but the link is for character LCD, EG7502 is a graphical LCD

RGDS

Hi weeyndha,

look at a LCD controller datasheet (I gave you the link for a b/w 320*240 Pixel controller). There is also described how the interfacing to the LCD is made.
How do you want to drive the LCD? Directly by a micro? This is possible but will take a lot of power. If you need grayscale you have to implement a frame-rate modulation. This is complicated to do it right (or you will get a lot of moiree on the screen).
Here the link: **broken link removed**

Bye

Choosing LCD controller

Hi mr_ghz,

Now the question is how to choose LCD controller? Is it only based on pixel size? Thanks for your help.

Rgds

Hi weeyndha,

They differ also in pixel RAM (internal or external) and in the uP interface. I have already used a S1D13705 (the datasheet I gave you). This one has an internal pixel-RAM and can be connected to nearly every uP. You can use it with 1/4 VGA sized displays (320*240 Pixels) b/w or color.

Bye

Hey,

anybody can give me a link for epson EG7502 datasheet,or just its pinout, i have the module, but, its hard to find its datasheet on nets

thx

BTW, can you give me datasheet of LCD LFH8P4032B of ALPS.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back