Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need clarification in ie3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayanthi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i have designed one PIFA antenna.i am using ie3d 10 version.i am not getting the stable results. the frequency range is from 1.2 to 4 ghz. if anybody help me in this to get a stable result, it will be helpful. also i want to know the reasons. i have attached the geo file also. send the results to my mail id:

parivishalsavi@yahoo.com

with thanks in advance,

jayanthi.n

Hi, jayanthi:

I checked your structure and results. I can see there are many up and down in the s-parameters. You may consider it as instability. In fact, I believe it is not. It should be true resonances caused by the finite ground plane and the 2 monople like structures in the finite ground plane. Basically, they are creating many parasitic resonances over the wide frequency bandwidth you are interested in. IE3D is capaturing all of them in the simulation.

Best regards,

sir, thanks a lot. i gave only one short and one feed. if i give different highest frequency i am getting different resuts especially radiation pattern. plz help me.

with regs,

jayanthi.

Hi, jayanthi:

I found the problem in your geometry. In my understanding, you want to model a finite ground plane antenna structure. You define the shape of the finite ground plane on z = 0. However, the problem is that you also define an infinite ground plane on z = 0. By IE3D's definition, a polygon on an infinite ground becomes a hole on the ground. It causes some kind of problem in your port on the problem. You need to define the no.0 layer as air. Make sure the probe connect to the finite ground and re-define the port. Here is the corrected IE3D file. The result is very consistent with different meshings.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back