Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need information about pseudo random number generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

srilekha

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI friends ,

I need information about pseudo random number generator to implement it in hardware.

Thanks and Regards,
Srilekha

srilekha said:
HI friends ,

I need information about pseudo random number generator to implement it in hardware.

Thanks and Regards,
Srilekha

Look for LFSR techniques, fairly well known approach to do this. Do a google and you can even find HDL code on the net.

HTH
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

The random generator is just a LFSR in circuit, the theory is CRC, primitive poninomial division.

HI friends,

i am looking into LFSR technique .my requirement is i need to generate a random number of width 2048 bits.

The crc will be max of 32 bits right.so i am confused .

Thanks and Regards,
Srilekha

One correction. CRC need not be 32 bits. it depends on the maximum power of the polynomial used to generate the checksum. So, assuming that you have a polynomial of power 32, a simple question comes to my mind

Are you going to send this 2048 bits in serial or in parallel or in staggered fashion (like 32 bits in each clock till all 2048 bits are generated)?

Better use scrambler i.e
x7 + x4 + 1

i need to generate a random number of 1024 bits width .is anyone having an idea of random number generation using ANSI X 9.31

Thanks and Regards,
Srilekha

x7 + x4 + 1

I need to know on what basis we have chosen this polinomial and Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back