Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High speed data transfter

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to transfer total 1.5MByte/sec from a PC to 6 8051 boards runnig at 66HMz clocks. Each 8051 gets 125Kbytes/sec which it can handle.

The problem is how to connect the 8051's to the PC. How much can a parallel port handle. OR should I make ISA boards.

Any suggestions please :?

Making an ISA interface is very easy and straight forward, just know small things from FPGA, and some small points about the ISA bus architecture, one can develope a simpel board for data transfer, which provides the required transfer rate. the total project I think can take less than a week.

Thanks. Can you suggest a simple enough FPGA for this purpose. Actually I have not used anyone before. But I have lots of experience in ISA bus and microcontrollers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back