Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hidden file can not view

Status
Not open for further replies.

edinburgh

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cannot show hidden files

My windows xp might be infected with the virus/worms or hijacked. Problem is - I cannot retrieve any Hidden files from the windows xp folders. When I change the setting to "shown hiddenfiles and folders" from Folder Options/View menu, this setting always goes back to the previous setting "Do not show...". So hidden files are still in the black hole and none of them can see. Very secure!
I don't want to format HD and re-install the windows from the scratch.
Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Edin

cannot see hidden files

Try this:

Code:
Windows XP

To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps:

Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.

Double-click on the My Computer icon.

Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.

After the new window appears select the View tab.

Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.

Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.

Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.

Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.

Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.

Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.

Regards,
IanP

cannot show hidden file

use hijackthis to stop the program from running
then use startuplist to see where the program is located and when does windows start it.

go to program and press delete! :)

hijackthis is found here:
https://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/index.php

cannot view hidden files

the best idea is to try get them in the safe mode where virus cant run
to go to safe mode hit f8 at the startup of the computer then chose safe mode

cant see hidden files

If you remember the name of the folder its possible.

Click start
go for search

search for files and folders
all files and folders
more dvanced options -> click on search hidden files and folders
after getting the folder change the folder setting

hidden files cannot be shown

Hi I have the same problem like I am unable to view my hidden files.... I have followed the prcedure below, But then also I am unable to view my hidden files....Any other suggestions, Welcome...Thanks...:

Windows XP

To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps:

Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.

Double-click on the My Computer icon.

Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.

After the new window appears select the View tab.

Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.

Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.

Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.

Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.

Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.

Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.

i cannot see hidden files

Hi,
Go to Start >Run>
Type "regedit"
Expand HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Hidden

change the dword value to 1.

Hope it helps.

BTW u have been infected by a Trojan/worm.
Try Nod32 to scan ur system.

cant view hidden files

Hi
I have fight with this virus! And I conqure.
I have downloaded these VB Script from NET, download and double click on them, then the problem would fix, however I suggest you to install antivirus and NOD32 is the best.

hazemal

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

ehmpoi22

V

cannot view hidden file

What Virus you are talking about ?
Is it Amvo.exe ?
If so let me know more how you fixed.
Thanks.

i cannot see my hidden files

I do not remember the name exactly, but it hide "Folder Options" from tools menu, and then you couldnt see your hidden files, and also the virus is a hidden file, I searched the NET and find those Script, however befor I run them, I install NOD32 with latest update.
Good luck

how to retrieve hidden files

The vbscript works :) But I think the malware is still in my pc. I'm using Nod32 eversince and it didnt find anything. Can anyone suggest a way to detect the virus.

hidden file cannot be shown

edinburgh said:
My windows xp might be infected with the virus/worms or hijacked. Problem is - I cannot retrieve any Hidden files from the windows xp folders. When I change the setting to "shown hiddenfiles and folders" from Folder Options/View menu, this setting always goes back to the previous setting "Do not show...". So hidden files are still in the black hole and none of them can see. Very secure!
I don't want to format HD and re-install the windows from the scratch.
Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Edin

If you remember the name of the file, then just write the name in the address bar and you will be logged in to that hidden file.

Though you can access your hidden file by this way, but I sujjest you to reinstall your operating system. You may have been affected by ntldr.exe. Normally this file comes with operating system in C:\ drive and not a virus. But if it goes to another drive then it does not allow user to open his hidden files form tools menu.
To remove it from other drives,
1. Reinstall operating system
2. Just after installing go to tools menu and put the tic off form "do not show hidden files" tab and " hide protected operating system files" tab.
3. Then access every drive from the address bar unless the drives will be affcted again.
4. Delete that ntldr.exe manually from all the drives and get rid of your problem permanently.

cannot enable show hidden files

Hijack it and you'll know more about the virus.

cant show hidden files

Yes it worked exapctly as you said!

Thnx:)

hrhgroup said:
Hi
I have downloaded these VB Script from NET, download and double click on them, then the problem would fix, however I suggest you to install antivirus and NOD32 is the best.

cannot display hidden files

ther is one antivirus that can be helpful to regain ur hidden files ,sometimes ur windows may pop up, sometime yahoo mess may be hidden those things can be regained using that antivirus u can download that frm google typing "getting hidden files back"

cannot view hidden files virus

hrhgroup said:
Hi

Thanks alot. It works perfectly.

Many thanks.

i cannot view hidden files

ur vbscript regedit workd. thx once again. 1 ques though? does it really remove virus/worm from pc, is it still out ther?

cannot open hidden files

nishadkvp said:
ur vbscript regedit worked. thx once again. 1 ques though? does it really remove virus/worm from pc, is it still out there?

Dear nishadkvp
It does not remove the virus from pc, it only restore windows setting, I suggest reinstalling XP and then immediately installing NOD32 v.2.5 and update everyday.
Good luck

hidden file cannot show

hello im a newby here i have a problem just like that folder option show hidden file cannot use it seem when i check the show hidden file and apply it

it revert back to do not show hidden file so how do counter this problem

anyone can help me i cant see my hidden file for one month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back