Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get the txt file converted into N-Port or Diode model in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibijons

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey,

i want to design with the Ansoft Design SV - Simulator an attenuator with a PIN Diode.
I have trouble to import the data...

The Infineon Site provides Spice models, but i don't know how to get the TXT- file converted in N-Port or Diode - Model.

Its important for me to have a s2p file because i need two ports, a desired diode is the BAT64, can anyone give me advice, how to get the file in the ADS Project.

just in case the link:
https://www.infineon.com/cgi-bin/if...age=/ep/program/document.jsp&pageTypeId=17099

tnx for help

DIODE - ADS

Place a diode model on the page , edit the parameter such as "Is,Bc..." according to the spice model file from infineon, name the diode with the model name.Then you can do simulation with the diodes.

An s parameter simulation can give you the s2p data.

Try it.

Re: DIODE - ADS

i was using the the MODEL - DIODE and entered all the given values.

but there is one more problem i can not connect the diode to the wished circuit... is this not possible?

Do I need to look at the DIODE seperatly?

Re: DIODE - ADS

How do i start the Simulation of the desired PIN Diode? All values are entered, but what i need to do next?

I tried in a separate Sheet to use only the Model, but then analysing is impossible. My problem is that the model type has no pins so i cannot connect it to the rest of my circiut or even put the microwave port next to it.

i thought of editing the symbol but it didn't work either.

any suggestions?

DIODE - ADS

In the separate sheet with the diode model(all possible parameters enabled) and the diode you just draw, place two ports by clicking "insert port" icon on the toolbar.

Then you have the ports to connect with other circuit.

Choose menu"view"->"Create/View Schematic symbol",a dialog would pop out, choose OK, then select all ,delete the symbol on the sheet.

Then choose menu"view"->"Create/View Schematic again to return to the sheet before.

Now choose menu "file"->design parameter , chosse the symbol name as" symbol DIODE", name the diode in the "description" block.

Save it .

Now you have a symbol you created.It was under the project you are using .

On other sheet, click the "display component library list" icon ,to bring the symbol out, It's under the project you created. click the symbol name(or maybe the schematic name of the diode) on the dialog once ,it will appear on the sheet.

Try it.

DIODE - ADS

I don't understand how to place the 2 ports... I have to put them wherever I want, "floating" in the sheet?

If I do it, and I try to simulate using this model, this diode's behavior is like a "open circuit".

Status
Not open for further replies.