Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please very urgent: Grounded CPW Lumped port in HFSS-How to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifelix

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I've a big problem!I'm simulating in HFSS a planar IFA antenna on FR4 substrate and I've to feed it by means of a Grounded CPW. Firstly I've used a deembedded waveport configured in the right manner and I've obtained good results but now I need to use a lumped port to feed the antenna internally to the PCB. Problem:how to set lumped port for Grounded CPW? I've tried to do as usual with CPW closing the ground around the strip feed and making the port from ground to strip but I've obtained results very different: the resonant frequency is almost the same but I note a big difference in S11 value. I know that Lump port should be more accurate then waveport but it seems too strange to me that this differences could be attributed to inaccuracy of lump port. Instead I think there should be some errors but I don't know what. Someone could look at my model attache here?
I hope someone could help me...
Thanks in adv a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back