Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best technology, WiMax or CDMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anwer_sbh

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cdma vs wimax

What is the best technology, WiMax or CDMA?

wimax vs cdma

Best in what way?

Dave

compare cdma to wimax

It depends on ur requirements.For long distace and secure network CDMA is better and cheaper while WiMax is Better for wireless LANs.

wimax vs evdo cdma

sory Mubashir

but isnt CDMA used for WLAN ??

wimax cdma network

There are many ways in which one can compare CDMA and WiMAX .

CDMA is based on FDD Frequency Division Duplex means separate channels avialable for UPLINK and DOWNLINK , which is better for voice Networks
WiMAX is based on TDD which is mostly used for Data Networks .

CDMA can offer data rate upto 2.4Mbps in EVDO networks in 1 sector whereas WiMAX offer more than 13 Mbps in 1 sector .

CDMA has much better voice quality than WiMAX network.

WiMAX is based on All IP architecture , whereas CDMA is still in phase of migration to IP Networks .

CDMA is a mature technology already being deployed all over the world , cwhereas WIMAX is not a mature technology and the future of WimAX is still not clear.

i hope it clears

cdma versus wimax

rolla thank you for information . that is very useful for me.

wimax versus cdma which one is better

as far as cdma is concenrd the datarete is very small as roola has written. we r using cdma2000 i.e. cdma1 or 1xRTT protocol for providing GPRS in both GSM and CDMA, while on the other hand we can use the Genration3 facilities in Wireless local loop i.e wimax, the wimax can support vedio conferencing and TV on mobile and broadband connection of internet.
wimax or broadband datarate is a genration3 facility which gsm or cdmaOne can't provide..
so it means that Wimax is far far better than cdma

1xrtt vs wimax

hi
all are the posts were a year ago

im in pakistan
im doing my project on cdma-evdo so anyone can compare these technologies currently i.e 2009 on their latest advancement and research
thanx
sultan

cdma evdo vs wimax

wht is ur point of emphasis?

cheaper between wimax and cdma

i want comparing of cdma vs wimax
and the complete description of physical layer of evdo
in doc form or in ppt
and also if you have any idea of enhancement or development and about future of evdo then send it 4 me

thanx
sultan

technology cdma vs wimax

wimax is better than cdma because ofdm technology and its derivations are used by majority of the wireless standards out there. and the success of wireless lan makes ofdm popular. cdma has small support base.. but when the silicon is getting cheaper and more dense, ofdm will be a viable route though it's more complicated than cdma..

data rate wimax vs cdma

In my opinion better is WiMax, because it is typically faster than cdma

wimax vs. cdma

wimax.but CDMa more secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.