Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sequential circuit using D flip-flops

Status
Not open for further replies.

fm_com_28

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
74xx00 flip flop

Dear,
I want to Design a sequential circuit with two D flip-flops A and B, and one input x. When x=0, he sate of the circuit remains the same. When x=1, the circuit goes through the start transitions from 00 to 101 to 11 to 10 back to 00, and repeats.

sequential circuit having two d flip flops

I suggest you to consult the book
'Digital Logic and Computer Design' by Morris Mano.
or 'Digital Design' by the same author.
These should be available in the e-book section of the forum.

Regards
tronix

gray code using d flip flop

i am not able to understand your transistions.
please make it more clear

"transitions from 00 to 101 to 11 to 10 back to 00, and repeats"

what is 101 doing in two bit sequential ckt.

i think u want 00,10,11,10,00
is this right sequence....

design of sequential circuit using d flip flop

Dear,
I want to Design a sequential circuit with two D flip-flops A and B, and one input x. When x=0, he sate of the circuit remains the same. When x=1, the circuit goes through the start transitions from 00 to 01 to 11 to 10 back to 00, and repeats.

This is the true one

design of seqentional circuit using d flip flop

Simple. Here's the next-state equations for AB:

A = ( A and not X ) or ( B and X )

B = ( B and not X ) or ( X and not A )

design d flip flop using sequential circuit

A simple challenge (just for fun):

Implement the circuit (described above) with standard logic chips (no PLD or uP). I'll donate 20 points to the person using the fewest chips who submits a working schematic to this topic. Assume a clock signal is available.

-jonathan

flip flop ckt

Nah.. you can't do that with 2 D-Flip flop without help of several others logic gates in between them.
But then I'd rather get my 12F675 to do it in a jiffy at a fraction of the cost!

using d flip flop make jk flip flop

i think this can be done by JK flip flop.

Added after 1 minutes:

using jk will simplfy the task
I will also try with D flip flop

circuit using flipflop

dindreds,

I don't understand your "fraction of the costs". I do not think you are talking about money. The 12F675 is 1.70 or so.

The cost of a discrete logic chip is 0.25 to 0.40. I'll even add 0.15 per chip for the additional PCB space for say 0.55 per chip.

Someone can easily (using a trick or two) implement this with three chips (2 NANDS, 74XX00, and a Dual D flip flop, 74XX74). I'm sure there are some cool implementations with JK flip flops as well. Anyway, a three chip implementation costs 1.65 at the most.

Others may realize that this circuit is fairly simple and the logic is built (but maybe hidden) into other discrete chips. Multiplexers are good ways to implement logic for 1 to 3 variables (and some even have flip flops built into the outputs -- hmm, state machine on a chip?).

Still others may be able to do creative, out of the box, things with counters or shift registers as long has they can handle reset conditions. To make it easier to use these chips, I'd allow someone to use a reset line. The line can be active low or active high, I don't care.

There may be a one chip implementation out there, I know that there are *multiple* two chip implementations. In which case the costs are 1.10 at most. A single chip implementation would cost a third of the microcontroller (and not be much bigger) and perform much faster (if speed is a consideration).

The point here is to have fun trying. I am just looking at the problem more generally, pose the next step to the original question so to speak. Someone may get some benefit out of it (or the results) or atleast enjoy working out a neat simple problem. There are people wasting time on suduko and other puzzles for enjoyment. These types of problems (puzzles) are what I enjoy so I waste my time on them :)

-jonathan

sequential circuit using d- flip flop

fm_com_28 said:
Dear,
I want to Design a sequential circuit with two D flip-flops A and B, and one input x. When x=0, he sate of the circuit remains the same. When x=1, the circuit goes through the start transitions from 00 to 01 to 11 to 10 back to 00, and repeats.

This is the true one

Hi fm_com_28, what you need exactly is nothing but a gray code counter.:D

fm_com_28

beta0 said:
fm_com_28 said:
Dear,

This is the true one

Hi fm_com_28, what you need exactly is nothing but a gray code counter.:D
Also known as a Johnson counter. You can make it with 2 D flipflops (one package, such as 74xx74) and nothing else.
This reminds me of a funny story. A couple of years ago, an engineer at work showed me the new 5-stage, 10-state counter he had "invented". I said, "Bill, that's a Johnson counter". The funny thing was, his last name is Johnson. Johnson counters have been around for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back