Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST: Lossy metal and normal material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lossy metal

I am modeling a simple stripline structure in CST and trying to obtain the losses of the conductor for a large range of frequencies.

I am wondering if anyone has created a simulation using a conductor of normal material type and specificing the electrical conductivity? I've tried this and I have been getting incorrect results.

lossy metal materials will be treated as pec

normal material in CST means a dielectric, you need lossy metal.

structure contains lossy materials

I was reading through the help file and it said normal material with electrical conductivity should be used for lower frequencies.

The help file can be found under the heading Lossy Metal at the topic of Material Overview in the help file.

lossy material

Hi,

normal material for a conductor can be used if the structure is as thin (or thinner) as the skin depth of the material.

At what frequency are you looking?

F.

what is lossy material

Hi Silent,

You said you were getting wrong result. Wrong in what sense? in respect to what?
Is it in respect to a different calulator, a formula in a book, a prototype measurement or smth else?

btw:I have a similar problem.

P.

what is a lossy metal

I don't know whats wrong, but you can creat the material yourself in the CST.

Do you guys know any reference that contains the dielectric material file that I can use in CST to have accurate simulations?

Hi, I am also facing the same problem, my initial try is to setup a double plates transimission line with lossy material sandwiched between the two PEC plates, and the thickness of the plates and the lossy layer between them are all in micrometer dimension, I can use both normal dielectric with conductivity or lossy metal , but I can not get the imaginary part of the impedance, CST always gives me a real number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back