Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the meaning of taylor series

Status
Not open for further replies.

serimc

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
meaning of taylor function

Hi
we know the sine of an angle is the ratio of the length of the opposite side to the length of the hypotenuse.

But in taylor series there is a differnet explanation ( https://mathworld.wolfram.com/TaylorSeries.html ).I can't relate between trigonometric meaning and taylor series meaning of functions(for example sin,cos,e...).
What are the differences?or are they same?
I really confused.
Can you please explain the meaning of taylor series.
Thanks

hi

taylor series is a fundamental concept in analysis and the beauty of it is with the help of it we can represent any trigonometric function in terms of algebraic expansions( that is in terms of polynomial expansions or series) .

AS we know that trigonometric functions are transcendental functions taylor series give the expansion of transcendental in to algebraic form.

also with the hep of taylor series we can tell whether a given function is analyic or not with out using any other mathods.

thanks mahematician
you said:
"taylor series is a fundamental concept in analysis and the beauty of it is with the help of it we can represent any trigonometric function in terms of algebraic expansions( that is in terms of polynomial expansions or series)"

Actually i don't understand this part.How did taylor find it?What is the magic behind this series.Where does this serie come from (its mathematical roots).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back