Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Host to Host Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcnvcc

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is is possible to connect two Host in USB environment??
If yes who will be master and who will be slave.

i think it is possible, who first send command will be host!!

Yes even i got the answer that we can connect 2 Host using special cable.

But I am interested to know exactly and how, master slave configuration...

Any online info??

Interesting....
Did you connect two hosts directly with a special cable without any chip?
From USB protocol, all the command and configure is dominated by a host, device is acceptor. how to deal with these?

We can connect two USB Hosts with a mini-AB cable provided both of them are OTG Capable. So, when one is acting as Host, the other will settle as a device and vice versa. Otherwise (if they are not OTG capable ie,purse hosts) two hosts cannot be connected. Always host talks with device only.

USB bridge can do that. but transfer which protol

In USB2.0 or before there is no provision for Host to Host connections, so as such the protocol does not support that.
But USB OTG device and functions are allowed to dual in as Hosts. For this it should be connected to something that also supports OTG. To decide which one of these will act as host, Host negotiation protocol is followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back