Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reflection and transmission in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello svarun!

How do you define the reflection coefficient in case of infinite plane wave ?
Along the line ? Or you have to put a kind of boundary around your slab to normalize the reflected power.

Well, that is a part of the question. The usual thing is to measure transmitted field and then get the Tx coefficient and then find the reflected coefficient. How do I go about in this case ?

What I am doing is to have a slab, draw airbox around it and put periodic boundary conditions on 4 sides and RAD boundary conditions on +z and -z faces of the air box. From +z I shine plane wave, I need to measure the reflected power across the -z face.

Iwant to know if the setup is okay and if yes, how do I measure the power flowing acdross the -z face of the air box ?

svarun

I suggest to use HFSS and simulate the problem and find S parameters at any plane you want. You will have transmission and reflection parameters.

Regards

svarun said:
What I am doing is to have a slab, draw airbox around it and put periodic boundary conditions on 4 sides and RAD boundary conditions on +z and -z faces of the air box. From +z I shine plane wave, I need to measure the reflected power across the -z face.
svarun
Still it's not clear to me. In your definition the reflection depends on period of slabs in the space, doesn't it ?
With zero airbox it is just a reflection from the infinite interface of air and dielectric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back