Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to efficiently reduce or remove hiss sound from speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_books

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
reduce speaker hiss

The output of my amplifier produces a hiss sound from speaker. Can any one help me to remove this problem ? Is this the fault of amplifier or speaker or both ?

how to remove hiss from speakers

my_books said:
The output of my amplifier produces a hiss sound from speaker. Can any one help me to remove this problem ? Is this the fault of amplifier or speaker or both ?

It is not the speakers causing this. Dou you have some pre-amplifier as well or amplifier only? Because amplifier should not cause audible hiss if designed properly.

reducing speaker hiss

You may have an defective ground plane on your amplifier or preamplifier.
You may have problem with leak field from transformer nearby.
Just analysing
Disconect de inputs and conect them to ground and track the signal with an osciloscope in the several stages.

how to reduce speaker hiss

Ave_Rapina said:
You may have an defective ground plane on your amplifier or preamplifier.
You may have problem with leak field from transformer nearby.
Just analysing
That would cause hum (50/100Hz) but not hiss.

how to reduce hiss in speakers

What kind of hiss
Describe more precice if possible.
What kind of amplifier are you using???

reducing speaker hum and hiss

sinip said:
my_books said:

It is not the speakers causing this. Dou you have some pre-amplifier as well or amplifier only? Because amplifier should not cause audible hiss if designed properly.

Is combination of speaker and amplifier, High power amplifier as 200 Watt give more noise compare 20 Watt amplifier if this have same dynamic range.

or 200 Watt amplifier cost lot more money if you want same noise floor as good 20 Watt amplifier depend of need 10 dB more dynamic range compare to 20 Watt amplifier.

If you have high sensitivity loudspeakers (horn, 100 -105 dB/1W) coupled to low price amplifier (super market type) you have near guarante hiss from speaker, but couple to 'orginal' low sensitivity loudspeaker (80- 90 dB/1W), hiss level from speaker drown in room noise.

removing amplifier hiss

Hi,

we can tune out the hiss using filters...
can you post more details of your preamp and power amp?

Added after 4 minutes:

If possible isolate(shield) the amplifier from any nearby transformer from the power supply... (may be thats a cause of stray magnetic field from the transformer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back