Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem regarding matlab 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

shameem

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i am having a problem with matlab 7.0. My system is xp with amd athlon 3000+ processor and gigabyte motherboard. After installation, when i run the matlab, it shows the starting window showing initializing, after that the matlab shut down automatically. It doesnot give any error or warning.
If anybody has gone through this kind of problem, please help me.

thanks

shameem

i have installed matlab 7 on my system, windows xp. but it is working fine. i suggest u look at mathworks.com and take help from there. probably restart ur system and try installing matlab 7 again.

hi

tell me the space taken by matlab 7 on ur disk there is no paroblem with ur system try reinstalling the software

khawar

Check the RAM free during running of MATLAB. If the problem persists, contact, matlabcentral.com.
see also, the RAM free for current running program.

itsthetimetodisco ----how much memory it took to install and whats your ram size

hi guys,
i have reinstalled the matlab 7 many times but the problem is still there. My ram size is 512 MB and i have also installed java virtual machine on my system.
Any suggestion guys?

thanks

shameem

hi guys,
Matlab 6.1 is works fine on the same system and same configuration but matlab 7.0 not. Any ideas why ?

Install Matlab 7again. If it doesn't work, matlab 6.5 maybe is your choice.

it looks like that you have some problem with your xp and therefore after repeated instllations you have failed. it is recomended that install a new clean installation of windows xp and then install matlab 7 i hope this would work.

Hi,

I only have 256 MB RAM space with XP environment and it works fine on my PC. I guess you have to check if your matlab CD is okey. Try installing it to other PC to check if the CD is good. If it works fine, Then, maybe you need to free up some space on your PCs RAM. If CD is not good, then the problem resides on your matlab CD. Contact mathworks for it.

If you find Matlab CD working fine on other PC, uninstall matlab on your PC and reinstall it. Restart your computer before running matlab.

Hope this helps...

hi,
i have checked that my matlab cd is fine because it works fine in other systems.

i have also uninstalled and reinstalled the matlab 7 many times, but the problem is still there. Now i have a doubt on my processor and motherboard. My processor is AMD 3000+ and the motherboard is gigabyte.
Can it be a problem of motherboard or processor? I dont know but i guess it may be. What do u people think about it?

thanks

shameem

sohailshahzad said:
it looks like that you have some problem with your xp and therefore after repeated instllations you have failed. it is recomended that install a new clean installation of windows xp and then install matlab 7 i hope this would work.

yes, just reinstall your windows.
regards

shameem said:
hi guys,
Matlab 6.1 is works fine on the same system and same configuration but matlab 7.0 not. Any ideas why ?

It is better that you format your system, load windows XP again and then install MATLAB 7. Probably it would work fine. Or probably you try out one more thing that once you have installed MATLAB, update your windows. It seems RAM size is not a problem.
DKK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back