Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Howto do the DFT of asynchronous flip-flop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alerta

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How should i do the DFT

the design include the syn and asyn register
how can i do Design For Test of asyn flip-flop to improve the fault coverage?
thank you

How should i do the DFT

Make the asyn signal on FF controllable

Re: How should i do the DFT

Can u pls post the schematic.

How should i do the DFT

hi alerta,

what do u mean by sying the syncand async flops is it async reset/set flop or some other circutery.

regards
rameshs

How should i do the DFT

async use which latch or someother flipflop?

How should i do the DFT

Hi friends ,
Let me know if latches are aviable in scan chain . what tool will do?
whether it include it on scan chain or by-pass that latch.
Assumption is latch is placed in between to 2 flops. what tool will do?
if it is avoiding latch , why?

Hi ...
@ Arvind
Latches can not be included in scan chains that is the major reason (besides timing) for avoiding latchs in design (if u r not doing a latch based design). Without strict requirement anything that can be done with a latch can be done in a flop based design.
@Alerta
If u r talking abt asyn reset etc signals for flops they can be included in scan chains if these signals are controllable (not internally genrated or by including extra MUX before the signal.)

You must understand some basic concepts of DFT before putting your hands into it. If not, you keep asking questions like these...

Observability and Controllability are the basic concepts a DFT engineer should aware of... try reading something about it.

By making that async signal controllable, you are making it easy to drive any desired value on to that signal during testing. With this in place any tool can generate patterns to test the logic easily.

Best Regards,
Harish
https://hdlplanet.tripod.com
https://groups.yahoo.com/group/hdlplanet

Define ur scan architecture, define the scan clocks, scanins scanouts,
scan control pins, use ny scan insertio tool, repair if u have any dft rule violations and then insert scan, then do post scan checking, generate patterns to detect faults, generate teser programs from them, Thats all

How should i do the DFT

The tooll who will insert the scan will do it for you. No need to do it manually.
Sumit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back