Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rdson of PMOS increases a lot w/current but NMOS's doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinito

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using 0.5um process and ploting rdson of PMOS and NMOS (10mm each). Rdson of PMOS increases a lot with current while that of NMOS doesn't. I wonder what's the explaination? thanks.

Re: rdson of PMOS increases a lot w/current but NMOS's doesn

is it 10um or 10mm? Ooopss! thats some value.

If you look in 0.5um process, most generic ones, have different threshold votlages also.. probably, the doping profile is makes the rDS to be different. I am not sure though...

Srivats

Re: rdson of PMOS increases a lot w/current but NMOS's doesn

chinito said:
I'm using 0.5um process and ploting rdson of PMOS and NMOS (10mm each). Rdson of PMOS increases a lot with current while that of NMOS doesn't. I wonder what's the explaination? thanks.

as we compare mibility electron in pmos and noms, pmos is lower , that why u get higher Ron in pmos than nmos with the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies.