Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ltspice ring oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Playing around with ltspice the other day I made a ring oscillator circuit using 3 2n2222's. One thing I noticed was that there seems to be current coming out of the gate of the transistors (on the order of a few hundred micro amps) because the gate feedback voltage ends up being higher than the emitter voltage for a small portion of the cycle. Would this destroy a normal transistor? Would this circuit function if actually built? Attached is a .jpg of the schematic. Comments and any knowledge people would care to share about these kinds of oscillators would be appreciated.

I think you should try mosfet instead of BJT

I happen to have BJT's around and this is for experimentation only. It's difficult to find any useful information on Ring oscillators on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.