Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best method to simulate conformal antennas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kleinesmurf69

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
conformal antennas

hello

What is the best method to simulate conformal (on cilinder/sphere/cone) antennas/arrays? MOM,FEM,FDTD?

are there good tutorials/books/e-books available?

is there any matlab/c code freely available?

thanks

Re: conformal antennas

Very difficult to answer man. The answer may vary according to the specific shape of element antenna as well as curvature. MOM/FEM could be OK if you can model it properly. FDTD is not well accepted for array simulatin.

Codes: ooops they are very expensive man. Some days back i got a code for patch antenna from Erip which have been coded by one of his very sweet friend. Search this forum to get that.

If you are looking for a simulator:

If the array is palnar then use IE3D or Ensemble (I know some people who are OK with Linmic). Now if it is non planar then you are in a very difficult zone. Try to avoid FDTD for higher order array and let me think...

Hmmmmmm.....

Well now its a drawing problem. So reject Ensemble.. IE3D can be used but modelling is difficult (I don't know people who use Linmic for it).

Yah.. if your curvature is vey large..IE3D..HFSSSSS.... Hey I think you are not going to put it in the missile head :(

:!: :idea: :?:

kleinesmurf69 said:
hello

What is the best method to simulate conformal (on cilinder/sphere/cone) antennas/arrays? MOM,FEM,FDTD?

are there good tutorials/books/e-books available?

is there any matlab/c code freely available?

thanks

I 've used CST and HFSS for conformal antennas design... There's not a "best method" for analysis, it depends on the shape of your array.. please tell us something more.

Regards
Lupin

MoM is the best

conformal antennas

I am doing research about non-planar (conformal) antennas and I am looking for a versatile tool allowing me to simulate the greatest diversity of non-planar antennas. Obviously I will need a full 3D solver: CST, HFSS, WIPL-D, Fidelity,....
I know CST (FIT based) and WIPL-D (3D MoM based) both have a very good deal for doctoral research.

What do FMM and AIM stand for?

Regards.

FMM stands for Fast Multipole Multilevel . See Chew's book "Fast and efficient algorithms in computational electromagnetics" Artech House, 2001
AIM stands for Adaptative Integral Method. See Bleszynski's paper "AIM: Adaptative integral method for solving large scale electromagnetic scattering and radiation problems" Radio Science, Vol 31 pp 1199-1206, 1996
God save Maxwell :)

Re: conformal antennas

kleinesmurf69 said:
I am doing research about non-planar (conformal) antennas and I am looking for a versatile tool allowing me to simulate the greatest diversity of non-planar antennas. Obviously I will need a full 3D solver: CST, HFSS, WIPL-D, Fidelity,....
I know CST (FIT based) and WIPL-D (3D MoM based) both have a very good deal for doctoral research.

Regards.

i think there is not a versatile tool for nonplanar antennas, FEM and FDTD
and FIT have their advantages and shotcomings, but the better methods are them !

Good examples of 2.45Ghz patch antenna array on cylindrical surfaces(FEKO simulation + measurement)
and "Coupled Slot-Fed Microwave Slot Antennas on Cylindrical Substrates".

I think that is bigest problem where to find this substrates and how to make conductor lines than simulation.

conformal

hello kleinesmurf69

there is a book "Design of Nonplanar Microstrip Antennas and
Transmission Lins" from JHON WILEY & SONS, INC. PUBLICATION

i think it's in MCU Fileman.

RGZ

kleinesmurf69

i look ther
i think it's not there but I saw it ones in the old Filemanager

RGZ
PLASMA

Plasma,

I have the book. Any other interesting books/weblinks/tutorials you know of?
Thanks.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back