Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get charge pump voltage doubler's switch bulk voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan_guo

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Just as described in the pic:
My question is how to determine the bulk(S3,S4) voltage?
I want to get a regulated voltage vout:vin<vout<2*vin,so there maybe 3 different
voltage levels:vin,vout,v(A);to prevent leakage current,the bulk (S3,S4) must be connected to the highest voltage, I have done voltage selector of vin&vout, But
the duration of v(A) is quite shot,so can I do voltage select for the three voltage levels.
anybody can give some advice or so paper about this question?thanks a lot !

Re: How to get charge pump voltage doubler's switch bulk vol

Hi,
In your clocking scheme you would have to incorporate for bulk switching.
for S3 and S4.
I hope you are using PMOS for switching as they would pass a good one.

yes, you need a body switch to flip bodies from VA to VOUT and so on. This is usually just a simple high-side comparator that chooses the higher of two voltages, and muxes it to the output. Buf if you're already generating doubled clock signals, you may be able to use a copy of those.

But actually, isn't your doubling mechanism charging through S2/S3 and discharging through S1/S4? That would say that S2 is the only device that does not need a body switch, assuming PMOS/NMOS switches.

Re: How to get charge pump voltage doubler's switch bulk vol

thanks you two, there remain two questions:
1) In my circuit, S1 S3 S4 are all PMOS switchs.My new question maybe how to determine the source of S3&S4, I have seen a paper that S3's source is connected to A,S4's source is just connected to vout,is that right?
2)The work mechanism is just as electronrancher described. I have done bulk voltage swtiching, but just for vin&vout, the high voltage duration for V(A) is very shot and will come down soon when charging the vout , so if I do three voltage selecting,the comparator speed may be very high! The duration of V(A) is far more shot that my clock frequency, and if I have achieved this bulk switching, because of the fast change of V(A), the bulk voltage may oscillate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back