Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR switch using 89c2051

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilele

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to transmitt a IR code and recieve it through the same microcontroller.

just buy sending and recievin a simple pulse is not enough the switch get triggered buy the other remotes.

can we do transmitting of some IR codes and verify the same using single controller.

I know IR cannot support UART. so we cannot use serial transmission and reception which can be done simultaneously.

so what can we do to make a IR proximity switch.
i want to make a low cost product

Hi

Comercial remotes send their data by using a carrier wave which can be anything beteween 40 - 60 Khz. The receiving device has a filter that removes the carrier frequency and extracts the data. This prevents interference from light sources such as the sun or lamps. Purchase an infrared receiver device such as those that are used in TV's to receive from the remote. They have a built in optical filter and 40 - 60 Khz filter. They will output the data in a form that your microcontroller can read. You can feed this data into one of the interupt pins. For the transmitter frequency you will need to use an external ocilator such as a 555. Or use a controller such as the 8051FA that can generate the 40khz in hardware without using cpu time. I hope this helps :D

i have Tsop1738
but my sensor is trigerred by itself with out any object in front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back