Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Look at this S11 measurement please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifelix

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I've a little practical question.
I've measured in anechoic chamber the input impedance of a coil loaded monopole resonating near 487 MHz. I've calibrated the Network Analyzer up to the point where I've attached the antenna. My need was to determine the input impedance of the antenna so I take a measurement of the magnitude and of the phase of S11 so then I could go back and calculate the real and imaginary part of Zin.
I've also simulated my antenna with some EM solvers and as I would expect there is a point where I've a resonance and there, the phase changes abruptly but in the remaining spectrum there's no correspondence with the measured results.
In the real measurement instead I've found that for the same spectrum, phase changes abruptly more and more times....is this correct? I mean, looking at the pictures in the attached file could you tell me if the measured phase is significant and correct?Or I've made some mistake in my measurement?
Thanks in adv...

P.S. frequency from 200MHz to 600MHz, phase in degrees and magnitude in dB.[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.