Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The difference between one-hot encoding and binery encoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

nageshrelekar

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
state machine

hi everybody
myself nagesh
i want to know main difference between one-hot encoding and binery encoding
can please suggest me where can i get the details of state machine design .
thanks in advance

Re: state machine

State machine design will be described in any Digital design or Switching theory book.. Refer to Zvi Kohavi - "Switching Thoery and Finite Automaton"..
I also think that state machine design is described in M.Morris Mano.

state machine

One Hot in digital design terminology commonly refers to a specific encoding of a state machine where one flip flop is used for each state, and the current state is indicated by exactly one of the flip flops being 'on' or '1'.

For example, a state machine that has fifteen different states would have a 'One Hot' implementation of fifteen flip flops chained in series with the Q output of a previous flip flop connected to the D input of the next and the D input of the first flip flop connected to the Q output of the fifteenth flip flop. The first flip flop in the chain represents the first state, the second represents the second state, and so on to the fifteenth flip flop which represents the last state. Upon reset of the state machine all of the flip flops are reset to '0' except the first in the chain which is set to '1'. The next clock edge arriving at the flip flops advances the 'One Hot' bit to the second flip flop. The 'One Hot' bit advances in this way until the fifteenth state after which the state machine returns to the first state.

A binary file is a computer file which may contain any type of data, encoded in binary form for computer storage and processing purposes; for example, computer document files containing formatted text. Many binary file formats contain parts that can be interpreted as text; binary files that contain only textual data - without, for example, any formatting information - are called plain text files. In ordinary usage they are typically contrasted with binary files, so that binary files are all files which do not contain merely plain text.

Re: state machine

Binary encoding of a state machine is simply assigning a unique number to each state, and storing the "state number" in binary form into a state register.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back