Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fpga for pci port and vertex or latest fpgas

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Asghar

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Aslam-o-Alekum to every body i want to know about xilinx fpga's that connect to PCI port .i need all detail about it's price and links of SITES where i can check it's price and model details

thank you
Allah Hafiz

Hi

Xilinx doesn't have any specific FPGAs to use for PCI.

FPGAs are usual programmable devices. Xilinx sales PCI related IP which is optimized and compatible for Xilinx FPGAs.

thnak you VISHWA for ur reply but i think that xilinx have some fpga that can connect to PCI port if u wana check so please visit this link
**broken link removed**
but i need precise information about the cost and model
so please if any one can help me

Hi

Still waht I am saying is right. PCI specific IP is available from Xilinx, not the FPGA.

You have given a link about those FPGAs. You can check it carefully. It is an evolution board of Vertex FPGA loaded with the IP core of PCI.

salam vishwa
thank you
i do not know much about this ....actually i m a student of computer engineering and studing a subject of VLSI and i got one task to find out some FPGA that were design to connect with PCI port so that is why i m searching for it......but till ow i can't find any pertcular site that will provide me information about this...

if xilinx FPGA is not availible then any brand that is avaible will go fine

Go to Xilinx's site and look at their PCI core IP. The fact sheet for that core will tell you the devices that are supported.

Do you need bus master support or just target support?
Also, are you confusing PCI and PCI Express? They are not the same. There is 32-bit PCI at 33MHz, 32-bit PCI at 66 MHz, 64-bit PCI at 33Mhz, 64-bit PCI at 66MHz, PCI-X at 33MHz, 66MHz, 100MHz, 133MHz, and PCI Express at 1-lane, 4-lane, 8-lane.

Altera also supports PCI, so do the same at their web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back