Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pilot based Channel Estimation

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpediem.td

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
channel estimation rapidshare

Hi everybody,

Can anyone please suggest a book having a good basic description on Pilot based Channel Estimation algorithms ? I need to have a basic understanding of the simplest algorithms on this topic.

Thanks

Pilot based channel estimation is the most basic and most easier option, you can find lot of references for the same, digital communication by proakis is good, but iam not sue if you are looking for mathematical analysis or something closer to implementation.

hi

this book is so useful in channel estimation

the link is :

**broken link removed**

@ssk3g :

I need both...I want to do a software simulation(pref MATLAB).But I need to
clear everything before that.
thanks for the reply

@silawi: Yeh, u r right...I had seen this book...it's good ...but i haven't explred it much.....I'll refer it. thanks for the reply...

As anyone would say there are no shortcuts when it comes to signal procesisng understanding ;-) for mathematical analysis i strongly suggest going through Proakis.

Looking it from implementation perspective there are quite a number of application notes with C source code available from Motorola; Iam not sure about the links but a quick search should give you answers;

If you are unable to locate anything intresting let me know I'll send across some links :) happy googling ;-)

Hi ssk3g !

Right u r...there is a lot of literature to go through....just too much of it...:cry:
I am looking for something that deals with pilot based channels estimation for
CDMA systems over frequency selective channels..I hav gone thru an IEEE paper
published last yr....but that was quite involved and had stuff from recent research ( obviously !!:D)...

In the meantime I have tried to go thru loads of IEEE papers and online theses on the topic but the problem is I can't directly jump on to those without having a basic understanding.so instead of such advanced stuff first I need a basic idea expressed thru mathematical expressions that deals with it(so that a MATLAB simulation is viable :idea:).I am an undergraduate student...but I am ready to go thru any rigorous mathematical treatment...all I need is some direction...and some literature very specific to my problem...

So...all help is eagerly awaited...
Thanks for showing interest...and giving the suggestions..

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, had not logged for quite sometime

**broken link removed**

This is a channel estimation details for wcdma from freescale, motorola formerly;

hope this helps you :)

:D This link will be very helpfull to you,

ucesp.ws.binghamton.edu/~xli/tutor/channel.htm

I have gone thru this stuff a couple of weeks ago...It was really helpful(though more detailed descriptions would have been better).
Have u seen the m file **broken link removed**
When i read it it created a few doubts.I consulted the notes given in the site,but but still these things were not clear :

What are N and P exactly ?
:arrow:N=5; % smoothing length N+1
:arrow:p=5; % shifting Lh <= P <= N
:arrow:Also, i could not find the location of the pilot symbols...and the most important part: how the pilot symbols helped to estimate the channel ? I mean the math exprssn

hb=hb+X:),i+10)*conj(s(i+10+N-P)); % channel estimation (use all data samples)

uses all data symbols...and so how does it incorporate the effect of the particular piolts at particular locations in the transmitted symbols ?

Please reply asap.

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.