Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the 8051 and 8x8 led dot matrix display

Status
Not open for further replies.

innocentkid

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
8x8 led dot matrix

Please help me to get the 8051 and 8x8 dot matrix display working together.

Thanks.

learn to make 8x8 led matrix

you can get help step by step:

first you must design your circuit, connect port 0 of uC to columns of dot matrix and port 1 to rows of dot matrix. it is better to use common kathod leds.

Hi

Here you have some links to get started
**broken link removed**
http://www.rentron.com/8051.htm

Now you can learn some code to program an 8051,
if you are going to design a new 8 x 8 led matrix, would be a good idea to use a double face PCB to make it easy.

Best regards

hi,
i am working on the 8051 and 8x8 led dot matrix display.can any one,please help me out,how to display a character on to the dot matrix?i am using a decoder 74hc138 for the row and for columns, i am using port's.i couldn't figure it out,the input data as hex values for every character.

Hi,
I have designed a MCU using proteus.
To port 1, I have connected ULN2003 and its outputs to the column of a 5* 7 dot matrix display.

to port 2 also a uln2003 and its outputs to the rows of the display.
So of port 1 --5 bits are used and of port 2--- 7 bits are used.
Now I dont know of how to start. for example please explain with the basic by explaining to display a number.

Please code the program in Assembly.

U need the vector input , the charectors of all output number and try to study raster graphics . This is basic to know to to work with Graphics mode by read manual of 8x8 led ortherwise you must design own library for this job to add some needed functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back