Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB problem with recognizing devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcover

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
USB problem

I encounter problem with a USB 1.1 device design. When it is plugged to a particular PC, the device fails to be recognised. Or even at times when it is recognised, it can vanish all in a sudden. The same device works perfectly on all other PCs within scope.

The problem is somehow solved by adding a 100pF capacitor at the DM or DP pin (either will do) to ground. Since i have never seen a schematic of USB that has a de-coupling capacitor at this position, i suspect it is a inherent noise problem caused by the PCB?

Would it be a problem related to layout geometry? Or would it be merely noise-related?

Thanks any advice :)

Re: USB problem

Could it be a problem with the USB host controller?

Re: USB problem

This PC (the host controller) could be funnier than the others as my device works fine on most other PCs. But other off-the-shelf devices like flash disks also work well on this PC. So i think there is some compatibility issue to improve here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back