Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wires came loose... please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stayputnik

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I bought this solar charger (**broken link removed**) and took the guts out of it to use in a project I'm working on. It's a sort of portable dock for a PDA, and this charger has an 1800 mah li-ion battery in it that works as an extender to give the PDA a longer battery life.

My problem is that some of the wires came loose recently and apparently I didn't hook them back up correctly. The thing is really cheaply made so the soldering is a little messy, making it hard to see where the wires were supposed to go. When I tried to charge the thing with a 5V wall wart, these two power resistors and a transistor they're attached to got really hot (too hot to touch) within seconds. It has a two color LED that is supposed to show green when charging and orange when outputting, but it doesn't light up when outputting. It's supposed to output 5V from the 3.7V battery, but it's only giving 0.81V.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this thing? Would it help if I posted pictures?

stayputnik said:
Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this thing? Would it help if I posted pictures?

A picture might help but I kind of doubt it. too bad you didn't take a picture before the wires came loose.

your device is totaled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back