Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radiation boundary in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

waveplumber

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The airbox in HFSS should be at lambda/4 away from the nearest the radiating structure, is this lambda referenced to the solution frequency or to the lowest frequency in the frequency sweep?
Thanks

hi,
i have posted a tutorial on HFSS so you can see it on this url

good luck

Thanks. The document says use lambda\4 where lambda is calculated at the solution frequency, right? I am not sure about that but I will do some simulations to see if I can verify it.

yeah you are right, you have to choose lambda /4 but to be sure you have to increase as you can the distance between the structure under study and HFSS boundary to get accurate results. but i think that lambda /4 is sufficient.

Added after 2 minutes:

your right, but you have to increase as you can the distnace between the strucutr under study and the HFSS radiation to get better results. also you have to check the kind of simulation (fast , discrete) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back