Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doppler Frequency Shift For OFDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

shedeed

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
doppler shift in ofdm

i have question if the mobile channel cause a frequency modulation of the subacarriers in an OFDM based syste?
And i want to know what is the physical explanation of the Doppler shift from the communications point of view?

doppler shift ofdm

It makes a frequency shift of the subcarriers. If OFDM is used that is normally corrected within the frequency/phase adjustment. There is only minor effect that the frequency shift is very little less for the lower subcarrier numbers than for the higher numbers.

I remember that a connection to a spacecraft was lost because these difference was not taken into account.

For OFDMA this effect is more important. Then the frequency shifts of interleaved subcarriers from different mobile stations are different. This shifts violate the orthogonality of the subcarriers and the interstation noise increases. I expect that the base stations for 802.16e have mobile station individual frequency corrections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back