Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to give the value of device area of transistor in cadenc

Status
Not open for further replies.

engronger

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when i simulate a bipolar ciruit , i must to give the value of emitter area , but i do not know the unit . is it µm? who can help me? thank you very much

Re: how to give the value of device area of transistor in ca

Hi,
That much I know is that along with the device models there is a paramater called multiplier. By default it is 1. And by default it gives the maximum current etc. according to its model. You can change the multiplier to 1.2 etc; which a numeric value just will be multiplied to the default emitter area.

And in general the are are in sq. um. But be confirmed it. You can check the values etc. when you run the icfb and messages coming in the icfb command window.

gd luck
sankudey

Exam. a bipolar pnp5 means : size=5x5=25um2

thank you for your answer

then you mean the default area can be calculated using the current gived in the device model?

sankudey said:
Hi,
That much I know is that along with the device models there is a paramater called multiplier. By default it is 1. And by default it gives the maximum current etc. according to its model. You can change the multiplier to 1.2 etc; which a numeric value just will be multiplied to the default emitter area.

And in general the are are in sq. um. But be confirmed it. You can check the values etc. when you run the icfb and messages coming in the icfb command window.

gd luck
sankudey

Not exatly. By the multiplier you change the emitter area. But the total device size doesnot mean emitter area only. WHy don't u do one thing; you go for laying out the thing and measure it there by the ruler (for cadence excel, "k")....
sankudey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back