Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Writing/Reading to PIC EEPROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoaspilet11

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everybody,

I just curious. How long will it take in milliseconds to write a Data to EEPROM using PIC16F877A? How long will it take to read a Data from EEPROM? I think reading a Data from EEPROM should take shorter time than writing?

Thanks,
Jack

What kind of eeprom you're using. I think some eeprom indicate the maximum clock speed you can operate for the eeprom. Usually writing time is longer than reading time.

I am using the on-chip EEPROM of PIC16F877A. There is not much any data about write cycle duration in the data sheet of 877.

I think the more appropriate question is how long will it take to write Data to EEPROM after executing EECON1, WR = 1. Because this will be the code to initiate writing.

i scanned through the spec and it seems there is no info on write/read time..

maybe you do a small experiment: toggle output pin and use oscilloscope to measure.

In the datasheet it says 4 ms typical, 8 ms max to write to EEPROM (p. 179). To read you set EECON1, RD and you can read the value in EEDATA on the next cycle (but you have to switch banks) (p. 35).

-jonathan

Thanks jonathan. Yup I had overlooked it.

can anybody plz help me to use the external eerpom interfaced to pic16f877a for running a big program which is using if...else ....if statements.

I am using CCS C Compiler .

Status
Not open for further replies.