Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the two stage CML output buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

chang830

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The output of my circuit is a CML output buffer. I intend to use two stage CML output buffer to get better signal integrity. Can anyone see some disadvantage of it?

Thanks

The power consumption will be doubled.

chang830

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The bandwidth will be affected if cascaded rwo CML ouput buffer?

The adding of another CML stage will introduce another pole and it will decrease the bandwidth, but the rise time of the signal will be more sharp vs. single stage, the bandwidth seemed increased. I have some puzzzle on this contradiction.

Can anyone help to clarify it?

chang830 said:
The output of my circuit is a CML output buffer. I intend to use two stage CML output buffer to get better signal integrity. Can anyone see some disadvantage of it?

Thanks

Chang,

Pls refer to this paper. It might help you. If you can't find, let me know i will upload for you.

High-Speed Current-Mode Logic Amplifier Using Positive Feedback and
Feed-Forward Source-Follower Techniques for High-Speed CMOS I/O Buffer.
IEEE JOURNAL OF SOLID-STATE CIRCUITS, VOL. 40, NO. 3, MARCH 2005

suria3 said:
chang830 said:

Thanks

Chang,

Pls refer to this paper. It might help you. If you can't find, let me know i will upload for you.

Hi suria,
Thanks for the reply. I can not find this paper with google. Would you upload it to me?

Thanks in advance

chang830 said:
suria3 said:
chang830 said:

Thanks

Chang,

Hi suria,
Thanks for the reply. I can not find this paper with google. Would you upload it to me?

Thanks in advance

Chang, here is the paper.
Download at this link. Thx

chang830

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
u need to proper termination network while using CML output buffer.

It will have a high power consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.