Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to clean a toner for HP 1150 Laserjet printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Laserjet Printer

Hello
I have an HP 1150 laser-jet printer, and its toner looks to be close to be empty, also it its drum is not clean that cause it to print some unwanted black dust like on papers.
Can anyone tell me or guide me, how to clean it as well as how to re-fill its toner w/o changing drum itself.
Thanks in advance,
Ahmad,

Re: Laserjet Printer

ahmad_abdulghany said:
Hello
I have an HP 1150 laser-jet printer, and its toner looks to be close to be empty, also it its drum is not clean that cause it to print some unwanted black dust like on papers.
Can anyone tell me or guide me, how to clean it as well as how to re-fill its toner w/o changing drum itself.
Thanks in advance,
Ahmad,

use google or other search engine and you find couple of companys to offer refill kit or refilled cartridge etc. and also find instruction for this moment (more or less 'dirty process' depend many types of cartridge needs take hole and purge sealed waste toner container)

and remember - don't using vacum cleaner to vacum toner if not want fire in vacum cleaner motor and out or toner spread out in whole roms - ordinary dust bag in vacum cleaner cannot hold this fine grained powder toner and need special filters and special dust bag make for copiator/printer-maintance...

HP not want customer refill this cartridge itself - only buy new cartridge...

Some times pressing Go or main button for longer than 8 seconds bring the printer in cleaning mode. It causes the printer to very slowly feed in a paper and clean the fusing assembly. For example LJ 1300.

Thank you Manoochehr..
Yes you are right, I got the service manual CD of the 1150/1300 HP laserjet printers, and found in it that to clean printer drum, press the GO button till it the other two LEDs start to blink and keep pressing till they stop blinking and stay lightening. when you remove your finger then, the printer start to be cleaned as you said..

Anyway, Thanks for your help.
Ahmad,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back